The National exchange club
The National Exchange Club Programs of Service were established to bring into focus the most pressing issues of the day: Americanism, Youth Programs, Community Service, and our national project, the Prevention of Child Abuse. Locally, the Exchange Club of Eastern Hills honors youth excellence, supports child abuse prevention agencies and volunteers in the community. We welcome guests at our meetings, held twice monthly on Friday at 8am (see Calendar for schedule).
Charles A. Berkey is credited with the founding of this great organization. At his suggestion, the name “Exchange” was selected because the group wanted to exchange ideas and information with like-minded individuals about how to better serve their communities.
The first local Exchange Club was formed in Detroit, Michigan, in 1911. The second was the Exchange Club of Toledo, Ohio, formed in 1913. Subsequently, two others were organized in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and Cleveland, Ohio. These four clubs were the first to be chartered by The National Exchange Club after it was organized as a nonprofit, educational organization in 1917.
Exchange Clubs sponsor activities under the organization’s Programs of Service, as well as its National Project, the prevention of child abuse. Each year, communities benefit from the promotion of pride in our great country, college scholarships, youth mentoring, service to the underprivileged, and other services tailored to serve the needs of its citizens.
- Learn more at: http://www.nationalexchangeclub.org/national-exchange-club-history/
our board of directors
President: Robert Cooke
Vice President & President Elect: Jill Dugan Miller
Secretary: Tina Odum
Treasurer: Dr. Jerrold Kirzner
Immediate Past President: Dominic Wolfer
Newsletter Editor: Ronald Cooke
Board Members: Ken Kushner, Gary Lent, Casey Stewart